Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Good luck to all the guys and gals who had to buy gifts. I hope your beloved doesn't turn their nose up at what you got! And to all the chicks scampering around with roses delivered to them at the office: try not to rub it in too much to the folks who didn't get any, OK? That's bad karma.

Now, before I go stuff myself with chocolate and those chalky little candy hearts, I had to share this bit of incredibly bad timing. An e-mail from a friend:

"You know how Amazon.com occasionally sends you e-mails with recommended purchases? This is the subject line for the one I just got:

Amazon.com recommends He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys and more

"Happy freakin' Valentine's Day."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Deidre, thank you for that post! As a married woman who is having a terrible VDay today thanks to a oblivious husband, it was nice to have a laugh - not at you of course, with you.

Enjoy your chalky chocolate hearts...I'll be sure to "trip" the next girl who receives roses in my office today for you. :)