Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Day wish list for couples

If you're in a relationship, and you need ideas about what to get your partner for Valentine's Day, ideas that do not involve a Hallmark card (easily discardable) or a teddy bear (gathers dust), why not ask your spouse to make a Top 5 wish list? Tell him or her to select one of the Top 5.

My thinking was, it would take the hassle out of guessing what he wants -- or so I thought.

Here's what my list entails, followed up with my husband's. And, um, are all men like this?

My list:
1. A shoulder and back massage for 20 minutes
2. A handwritten love note
3. A single rose
4. Call me at work just to say "I love you"
5. Take me to a restaurant (doesn't have to be fancy), that we've never been to before. And bring candles or ask the waiter to have candles.

My husband's list:
1. Peace and quiet (no running around or doing housework) for a day.
2. Valentine's Day is for women. Period. My list is done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valentine's Day is a holiday made up by the card companies....

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the candy companies as well

Anonymous said...

Alisha,

No, not all men are like that, but YOUR HUSBAND IS! Please honor his request. There is no hidden agenda or motive. He's different from you, not right or wrong, just different.

Anonymous said...

I think what he wrote was funny! Anon 3:59 seems to be taking it far too seriously. It was funny... laugh, people!

Anonymous said...

My wife's list looks about like your husband's does. One of the reasons that I get to have fun on St. Valentine's is because she puts no pressure on me to do anything special. Which means that this year, she gets one of her favorite dishes--homemade lasagna.

Anonymous said...

I, uh, won't post what my man's response was. If you want to look it up - google steak and March 14th ;) Too funny!!! I agree that Vday is a Hallmark and Russel Stover holiday, blecht.